Fear is the biggest cause of failure in work from home online business. Fear of writing that first article to post can literally keep you awake at nights. But let’s look at the facts. If you write an article the worst that can happen is no one clicks the link in the resource box you have lost nothing and gained nothing. But you still have a chance. If you don’t write an article the best and the worst that can happen are is no one will know who you are. The simple question is, didn’t you start an online business to grow?
Before anyone can read your article you have to write it. There are guide lines and marketing points you need to remember but once you learn writing an article becomes second nature. It can be both fun and profitable.
Here are 7 great tips to get your articles read:
1. You must have knowledge about the topic you choose to write about. It can be something that you have learned or it can be something that you researched. Making an outline of what you want to say is critical to being concise on your points. An outline only needs to list the points you want to make. The only one that will see your outline is you so don’t worry that your 5th grade English teacher will fail you on it.
2. Use the one idea rule on everything you write. One idea to an article. One idea to a paragraph. One idea per sentence. Keep your paragraph short. Your readers need to find the one idea and focus on it. Only give one thought per sentence so it does not confuse the reader with what you are saying.
3. Using bullet points or numbers to show a break in your ideas makes it easier to grab the meat of your article. It adds importance to what you are saying. Your readers will also add more value to what they are reading if the know that you have “7 great tips” or “6 new ideas”. It also adds to your image as an expert.
4. When you can use paragraph headlines. By dividing your article up with headlines for new ideas you will draw your reader’s attention to the next point that you have to make. It will also improve the transition from one topic to the next.
5. Use attention getting words in all of your headlines. It is important that the reader wants to read the next thing that you have to say. If they merely read through it because it is there they will not retain anything that you said.
6. Use vivid descriptions and paint mental pictures. You want to keep your readers attention. Novel writers are experts at this. As an article writer you must write as you imagine the reader doing or enjoying what you have to say. Phrases like “when you type in” or “you will see” instructs your reader to think what is happening. Make whatever it is you are writing about fun and enjoyable for the reader. Let them see themselves doing it.
7. Write your articles just as you would speak the words. You are building an image of you for the reader. You want the reader to know it is you if you ever get the chance to talk to them or meet them in person. Too many people have articles ghost written and then when the reader meets them at a live event they have no connection with the author at all. A connection is what you are trying to gain by writing an article.
Make writing fun. Remember you are talking to people with different levels of knowledge. To make it easy to get the first article written, write as if you were talking to a 5th grader that is just getting their first knowledge of the subject.
May I wish you great experience and not great luck? Great experience will always determine the outcome of any luck that you may have.
For more great tips on how to grow you work from home online business or advice on how to find profitable opportunities online, check out the resource box below. Then join my blog. I look forward to seeing you there.
Who is Mike Gordon?
Mike Gordon is a successful business owner and business coach with over 40 years of successful entrepreneurial experience under his belt. Mike can be found at his blog http://www.whoismikegordon.com Mike is currently working with all types of businesses and businesses owner to strengthen their internet marketing strategies. For more success secrets sign up for updates from http://www.whoismikegordon.com