So you want to become a forex trader. Either an acquaintance of yours convinced you to try currency trading or you’ve read a story about someone who is making a huge fortune buying and selling foreign currencies. You want a piece of the action, you tell yourself.
There is a problem however, you know nothing about the foreign markets let alone what the word forex means. How are you supposed to get started making a fortune for yourself when you don’t even know where or when to start? Well, this is why this article is here to guide you with tips on how and where you can get the best forex education out there.
So let’s get started shall we?
1) Start searching online. This is pretty obvious since you probably aren’t that interested in going back to university and learning currency trading from paper scratch. The internet is the ultimate resource now for learning anything at the quickest time possible. It is best that you read extensively on your own first. Don’t rush and apply yourself to a forex course right away. Familiarize yourself with the basics first. There’s a lot of websites online that offer information at no cost so take advantage of them.
2) Once you familiarized yourself with how foreign currency trading works, you can then start looking for a forex course that will go into more details about the intricacies and complications of trading. The course you pick should not only teach you theories, but show you hands-on how trading works. These can be via simulations or actual currency trades.
3) There are hundreds if not thousands of forex education courses online. Choosing one can be very tricky. You have to understand that this is the internet so there are a lot of scammers out there. There is a way however of differentiating the good from the bad thanks to the popularity of blogs, chat rooms and online forums. What you need to do is browse around forex-niche sites and start asking around for recommended forex courses/material/trading rooms etc. What you’ll get is an unbiased and credible replies from real traders. This is invaluable.
4) In your first foray into the trading floor, find someone experienced to guide you along the way, a mentor. You will likely be making a lot of mistakes during your trading infancy. Having someone there to guide you and point in the right direction will prevent you from repeating the same mistake again.
5) Apply what you learned but don’t be afraid to modify them if necessity calls for it. The forex industry is always changing so you must learn to adapt to market conditions when these changes occur.
A well-known quote goes, “Knowledge is power.” Without it you will go nowhere, especially in the very tough World of forex trading. Currency trading is a “game of smarts”. If you can’t think fast, can’t identify trends, can’t spot hot currencies, then you are doomed. So if you really want to become the successful trader you dream of, get an education and nurture it throughout your trading career.
I run a live forex trading room with an ex Wall Street Trader. We are looking for levelheaded and motivated individuals who are looking to become city standard traders. You’ll be given the chance to trade one of our managed accounts as well as your own by following the exact trades our Wall St expert takes. No experience is required as full training is given. For more info please visit-